Monday 26 February 2024

Four Somethings February

I thought this Blog Hop would be a good way to reflect back on the month that was as well as meeting new people. This blog hop is run by Jennifer and can be found here..


Something Improved Upon


Let's start with this one this month! Something improved upon this month/year has been the way I work in my role at work. This month I went into my third year with Western Health as their Aboriginal Health Service Liaison. I love my job and work closely with Aboriginal Community members and elders whom have chronic health conditions. I do outreach work as well as run Social and Emotional well-being programs including a for-nightly yarning circle and weekly swim and gym program. I work every day except Mondays (Long weekends every weekend) but sometimes it can feel like a full-time job. I took on a lot the last three years and my ambitious nature had me feeling pretty worn down at this time last year. So I am improving my work ethic this year, planning programs in advance and cutting my daily client ratio in half. Last year I was working after hours and always felt behind in my book work although I wasn't so this year I have halved my daily clients for a more cruisier work lifestyle. It's also given my clients more time with me and I feel I can be a better listener not having to rush them for my next meeting, phone call or home visit. Here is a look at our program for the next few months.




Something I have Loved


This month I have loved spending time with my David. Our blog has taken off and is receiving comments and clicks regularly. We have been on a ghost tour, visited a Sunflower field and the Monopoly tourist attraction in Melbourne. We have enjoyed a few nights away too. I have loved our adventures so far and the thought that goes into each. Check out the blog here..



Something accomplished


Well I'm actually excited to announce this. David, Jie, Nevaeh and I are all working and/or studying. David has been in his role now for 9 months which he enjoys and is training the new guy. He is awaiting the next step to work for Metro which is one of his goals. My son Jiedyn, now 18yo is studying year 12 at a school in North Melbourne, is working 2 jobs, goes to the gym in his spare time and is focused on his health. My Daughter Nevaeh attended her first day at her new school in Ballarat this week and enjoys time one-on-one with her youth worker through Melton Youth Services. I had a work appraisal last week and my manager is happy with my growth within the organisation and has given me new opportunities to improve my skills especially in finance. I have my own office in Bacchus Marsh and work from Melton once a week now also. I am so proud of where we're all at in our lives, all working towards better future for ourselves. It feels good.

Something I have Noticed


Three things I've noticed this month are, 

1) Our socks seem to be going missing and is the most whinged about thing in this house which is annoying especially because I buy 10-15 pairs at a time for David, Jie and Nevaeh to share. I think I'll need to put in a new order. But I'd still like to know where all the missing socks are!

2) Everyone in the house has been contributing without me having to ask with the chores. I have a daily checklist on the fridge including feeding the pets, dishes, washing a load of washing, watering the plants etc. But it's the things not listed that David and the kids have been doing lately that has been making my heart sing. Like taking the bins out as soon as they're full, sweeping the kitchen and refilling the toilet paper in the toilet. Now, if they can just leave the toilet paper on the toilet roll holder and not on the floor, I would be the happiest mother in Bacchus Marsh!

and 3) Our bedtimes routines are all working well at the moment and everyone is up for when they need to be up for school and work. This is a biggie in our house especially when our schedules change as both kids are gamers and movie buffs and so any extra time they get goes on their screens. Hot nights throw out Davids sleep schedule and my binging on Netflix and now Disney+ had been known to throw out mine. We don't really have bedtimes, its each of our own responsibility to get enough sleep for ourselves and so far so good. Very proud of us all.

~

Overall its been a really good month, I'm not allowing others negativity to bring me down and the absolute highlight was my valentines day gift from David..



My first ever gold bracelet <3

2 replied:

Cindy said...

Sounds like a great month! The family kicking in to help, especially with things not listed is a huge blessing. Have a great week. https://encounterswiththedavisfamily.blogspot.com/2024/02/share-four-somethings-february-2024.html

PaulaShort said...

Melissa, I enjoyed hearing about your 4 Somethings. I'm happy to hear you have more time since you have less clients now. I'm a retired Social Worker here in the States and your work sounds fantastic. Your photos in the sunflower field are stunning. And your new bracelet is beautiful. It's so nice to meet you.
Visiting today from Share 4 Somethings #11

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia