Monday 10 August 2020

Dinnerly vs Hello Fresh

So I have a lot of people wondering why I chose to stick with Hello Fresh and not Dinnerly and so I thought I’d write it in a blog post and break it down into 5 category’s.  

Money:
So although I have chosen to roll with Hello Fresh there is a significant price difference and it actually is cheaper to use Dinnerly. It’s a case of you get what you pay for though! 

Plans: 
On both Dinnerly and Hello Fresh you have the option to choose your recipes for the upcoming week! If you don’t like lamb or in my case cous cous you do have the option to change the recipe to something you do like! You also have the options of how many days you’d like meal kits for and with Hello Fresh you also have access to 250+ online recipes to try as part of your plan which is something Dinnerly doesn’t offer. So you’re never without inspiration!

Taste: 
As for the taste, I found that Hello Fresh was substantially yummier!  The Dinnerly meals that I had were lacking flavour. With that being said, I enjoyed 4/5 of my hello fresh meals and only 1/3 of my Dinnerly meals. 

Packaging:
While Dinnerly uses bare minimum packaging and I feel Hello Fresh uses too much packaging this is the one time I did choose Dinnerly over Hello Fresh. Most of the ingredients came fresh from both companies and with Hello Fresh’s “quick meals” range I understand the extra packaging as they pre make their own sauces and mix the veggies for your convenience but in saying that though, you don’t learn how to make them yourself.

Easiness: 
This is hands down Hello Fresh and one of the biggest reasons why I’ve chose to stay with Hello Fresh. Dinnerly offers their recipes online and with its easy step by step guide straight from your phone you’d think it’d be that easy right? Wrong! The bench gets messy, your hands get messy and you find yourself having to scroll your phone for the next step. Not only that but trying to read the small font from your phone and get it all right was a little painful. I think Hello Fresh shined in this category! They offer meal cards A4 in size for you to keep. I have a display folder for mine which sits on the bench ready to use whenever I want. The meal cards have loads of information and pictures and best of all you can swap them with friends who also order hello fresh! I love love love this the most! 

So there you have it! Hello Fresh gets my vote and my money but I’m not completely opposed to Dinnerly. I have both apps on my phone so I’m free to look at upcoming meal kits on both! But for now, I’m enjoying Hello Fresh! 








Please inbox me on Facebook or Instagram if you’re keen to try Hello Fresh or Dinnerly. I might have a code you could use! Have a great day and thanks for clicking in today! God Bless 🌿

1 replied:

Brian's Home Blog said...

We've never tried any of those here, we wondered if they were worth the money or not. Hello Fresh sounds pretty yummy!

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia