Thursday 27 August 2020

Ways to Keep Busy during Covid

 Okay, so for those that don’t already know; we down here in Victoria have been locked up in our houses for weeks now, only leaving our homes for “essential items”, exercise and/or medical care. For people like me, whom before lockdown, did everything they could to get out of the house, it’s beginning to get a little challenging! So I’ve come up with a few ways to keep myself busy and am writing them today to maybe inspire you guys! 

Cooking!




I know, no big shock on that one! If you’ve been following any of my social media platforms you would be seeing my little creations, my Hello Fresh box meals and my 5 a day hashtags! But seriously guys, now that we have the time to eat well, let’s take full advantage of it! 

Redecorate 







I’m loving this one right now! There is nothing better than feeling at home in your own home. These past few weeks I’ve been styling my house just the way I want it, buying things I think will suit our theme and the kids have enjoyed creating their spaces also! Jie’s room is nearly complete and Nevaehs is coming along nicely too! My room is a mess (the stuff room) as I’m waiting for a bed I ordered online, but today I put Nevaehs desk together which is a two piece and came as a flat pack. Before starting it I was dreading it but it was really easy to essemble and it took under an hour! Kudos to the people making these for solo parents like me to put together so easily! 

Masking




When leaving the house now it’s compulsory to wear a mask. People are still wearing those blue disposable masks which is fine but I figure, if this is our reality now, we should look good and feel good doing it! I gave the kids free range to find their own masks on the internet. Anything they liked! They have to wear them too so they might as well have something they would want to put on their faces. Jie found a few on Etsy while Nevaeh and I ordered from hoMie. With all this time on your hands jump online and see what you like, what fits your personality or support a local family mask making business! 

Declutter 



We all have those spaces we dread cleaning in our homes. The shed, the garage or for me.. the hallway cupboard! You never go in there because you know it’s depressing to see how you’ve just let it go for so long! Don’t worry.. we’re all in the same boat here and no one can see it to judge because your hiding it well! But let’s not keep putting it off! Decluttering has its perks! That leaf blower you never use could be sold to someone who likes blowing leaves, those extra tools can go to the kid next door to tinker around on his bike this weekend or maybe those dusty old photo albums could be your daughters, granddaughters or nieces new project to either digitalise or recreate! Maybe they could even create a scrapbook. Whatever you’ve got going on in those dark places you never visit I’m sure it’ll feel good to have things a little less in disarray! Create a check list and start slowly. We have all the time in the world at the moment so just take your time! I’m rooting for you!

Prayer


You can never ever pray too much! (At least I don’t think you can!) but if I’ve learned anything being a Christian, it’s that prayer powerful. Prayers are being answered daily for people all across the globe, so while you have the time to dig deep and get a few of your prayers answered by really leaning into God I encourage you to do so! You are so worth the things you want and need in life! This is the perfect time to pray and wait for a response! God is ready to blow your mind! 

Stay connected 





Saving the best for last right here! This is so so so important. Suicide rates are at an all time high right now and those friends you never think to check on may just need checking in on. If you’re not a big talker shoot them a text! Let them know you’re around if they need an ear. This time has been challenging for all of us and so if you yourself are struggling please reach out to a friend or family member you know and trust. You’re not ever a burden and the things your going through matter to those who love you most! So share the love you have and share the load when it gets too heavy! 




0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia