Friday 25 December 2020

Christmas Day 2020

This Christmas was by far my favourite Christmas ever. 

Having a small Christmas morning was a beautiful change for the better. Having my man by my side while the kids unwrapped the little I could afford to give them and appreciate the effort I did go to for them just to receive what they did proved that I’m raising some pretty wonderful kids!

David went to see his daughter Bridgette Christmas morning before we both made the drive to the east side to meet at his Mums house for Christmas Lunch. 

Meeting his family was a pretty nerve racking experience and although I’m usually a pretty confident type of person, Christmas Day had me shaking like a leaf. 

Lunch was nice, meeting his family and best friend went well and the kids really enjoyed their time there. 

Jie ended up staying the night with David at his Mums house for a “boys night” of gaming while Nevaeh and I went to see my Dad. 

Christmas Day was for all the emotions. Excitement, love, laughter, nerves and complete and utter sadness. 

I’ll never get used to seeing my Dad so weak. 

But I loved being at Dads place. There is just something special about your parents home that makes you feel safe and that you belong. David has that at his Mums place in the house he grew up in while I find my peace at Dads. 


Sitting and chatting with Dad while listening to him take the piss out of the news was exactly the type of day I needed. Just to be in his presence, listening while watching his little ways. They’re the things I miss the most about him. 

Merry Christmas to you all, please pray for my Dad. It’s inevitable that he will pass soon but please pray he will give his heart to the Lord and pass peacefully. 



I love and miss you already Dad. 

0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia