Monday 1 March 2021

My Mum's Life Mattered


She was Beautiful
And taught me to love myself

She was Understanding
And taught me to embrace people from all walks of life

She was Brave
And taught me how to stick up for myself and others even if that meant standing alone 

She was Generous
And taught me how to give to those who have less than us

She was Loving
And taught me how to love those in this world whom are hard to love

She was Real
And never hid the good, bad and ugly world from us

She was Homeless
And still looked out for those living on the streets with her

She was Happy
And she never let the hardships she endured in her life stop her smile shining through

She was Scarred 
And yet she bravely embraced each new day

She was Scared
And yet found a way to survive years of isolation and abuse

She was Clever
And taught us how to think for ourselves and trust our own judgement. 

She was Empathetic 
And absolutely nothing surprised her allowing us and others to open up to her

She was Powerful
And taught me how to use my voice for those who couldn't

She was Invisible 
And lived in her own light, shining on those around her

She was my Mum
And although the world judged her for living on the streets, having drug/alcohol addictions and selling her body for money to support herself, she was, is and always will be loved by those who actually got to know her and understand her heart.

~ RIP MUM ~
The lessons you left behind live on through me

Thank you for every one of them

1 replied:

LA Paylor said...

now I'm crying for the beauty of what you wrote. Well the beauty of your view of hard won lessons. How you see the good... so true that way too many people judge others now knowing them really. LeeAnna at not afraid of color... ps I found you through looking at the profile of someone who left a comment on my blog... ain't life grand?

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia