Sunday 13 June 2021

I want to Remember Today:

I want to remember today..

I want to remember the long sleep in this morning holding the man I love.

I want to remember Dad waking me up in a good mood with his sarcasm wanting me to put his first bets on for the day.

I want to remember the taste of the bacon and maple syrup on fresh made pancakes after craving them for days. 

I want to remember the happiness in my Dads voice when he called to tell me he won over $1800 today.

I want to remember singing with my partner in the car with the sun on my face, wind in my hair and my hand in his. 

I want to remember all the smells of different foods from different cultures at the Grazeland, Melbourne. 

I want to remember Nevaeh and my partner baking biscuits from scratch together in the kitchen.

I want to remember Jie and my partner laughing as they played a game together on the couch trying to guess “ad” songs. 

I want to remember my Dad calling me to order him pizza. 

I want to remember my partner buying the kids dinner after I said that they could make-their-own tonight.

I want to remember my son coming in one last time to annoy me before he went to bed. 

I want to remember my daughter giggling with her friends in the next room as she plays her xbox. 

I want to remember my partner coming in every half an hour or so to “check on me” and give me a kiss while I’m in my room and he’s watching the footy. 

I want to remember today for all that it was.. 

And be thankful for this beautiful life I have with these three incredible human beings!






0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia