Saturday 8 April 2023

To my niece,

 Words cannot express the joy that filled my heart when your Mum, my bestest and most loyal friend of nearly 20 years, told me she was pregnant with you. With the weeks that followed as you grew in your Mums womb, I was in disbelief that your Mum was actually going to be a Mum. I flooded her inbox with encouragement, advice and stories of what my births were like and what helped me. Sadie baby, I want you to know, your Mum and I prayed for you long before you were born, years before, but also as you grew your Aunty Melissa over here was praying for you and your Mum. When I got the news from your father via text that Mum had gone into labor with you prayers were going up for your safe delivery. With all my heart I wanted your Mum to have you and experience the absolute whirlwind of motherhood she's watched me and others around her enjoy. On the 15th of March 2023 when you came into this world, my best friend, your Mama, became a Mother and that is something I know she has wanted, longed for, cried for and deserves in her lifetime. On the 15th of March 2023 God blessed us with you. Sadie, your Aunty over here cannot wait to watch you grow and stress your Mum out. I cannot wait for the phone calls I'll receive from Mum for advice and to one day hold you in my arms, hear your voice and say yes to you when Mum and Dad say no. Just because you cannot see me doesn't mean I am not here, I will always be here. 


Thinking of you daily,


Aunty Melissa










1 replied:

Joanne said...

Aw, what an absolute cutie!! Congratulations, Auntie.

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia