Wednesday 2 January 2019

{Page 2} These Days



Today I feel amazing.

I have had plenty of sleep and enough energy to pick up my son.

The first thing I did was call him to tell him I was coming to get him today.

and so I did.

Seeing him after the longest week ever was crazy.

I felt like his voice had changed.

And he was definitely taller than me now.

Turning 13 last month and asking girls for their numbers already.

I had been monitoring his every message with his new friend since he'd been at my Dads because, even though he is out of sight.. he is still my responsibility.

To my absolute pleasure these conversations were around favorite songs, favorite family members and fears of starting high school next year. 

This girl seemed interested but my son did a great job at "Friend Zoning" her.

I loved that.

I guess parenting the first two kids out of young relationships has had its rewards.

As I sit here smiling..

~

Seeing Dad today was also as awesome.

He was in a great mood.

Maybe because he 1. was drinking and 2. won $150 on the horses before we got there.

Either way I loved his energy.

Being diagnosed with Cancer last year and knowing he has a year, maybe more to live.. Dad has found his voice and wastes no time giving us all a piece of his mind.

Sometimes its hard to hear but we know it comes from a good place.

I wish I had have recorded it but my phone battery was low.

Everything Dad has said to me has served me well.

He always has been a realist, brutally honest and.. right!

I love that.

and I loved that he now speaks to the kids the way he once spoke to me.

I hope they take something from it one day.

It was an emotional trip home.

The kids fell asleep as I listened to the radio.

 A song came on called ..




And the grief comes in waves.

I know all of this will someday just be a memory.

That's what hurts most.



0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia