Wednesday 16 September 2020

A day in the life!

What an absolute beautiful spring day it was in Victoria today! The warmer weather brings out the best in me and the sun shining down, warming my skin after being in lockdown over winter has definitely been worth the wait! But today, I thought I’d jump on to share my day.. a day in the life of Mel!

7am 
Did our weekly food shopping from coles buying all the essentials, some soft drink for my bottle of vodka sitting up in the cupboard waiting fo me to open this weekend, mince, fish, chicken and garbage bags. Didn’t forget Jies creamy biscuits but did forget paper towel. Also grabbed some cold meat for lunch and some chocolate for later! 

7.20am 
Stopped into Bakers Delight to buy fresh rolls for lunch.

7.30ish 
Went to Frankly Fruits and bought Cauliflower, Green beans, avocado, red capsicum, lime, bananas, strawberries, apples, spring onion, chives, cucumber, red onion and sliced mushrooms! Also went to buy a small vase for Nevaehs bedside table but when I went to pay, the fella gave it to me for free! 

8ish 
I made pancakes with cream, fresh strawberries and banana and maple syrup. I also made Jie a protein shake and Nevaeh a tropical fruit smoothie. 

9.30am
By this time I had cleaned the kitchen, done the only load of washing in the house and looked over the kids school work for the day. Nevaeh and I did some spelling before she read aloud to me. These times with her remind me of when she used to love reading as a little girl. 

11am
I went to the local Wilson’s Hardware store to buy a pickaxe, some seeds and some potting mix. I went back to the village shopping centre to buy two plant trays and alfalfa (for my lunch). 

12am 
Jie and I burned off the boxes we had been accumulating around the house in a bonfire out the back. We ripped them up one by one and burned them while max entertained us with his new digging skills. He had us in fits of laughter running around the backyard like a psycho! 

1pm 
I made cold meat and salad on fresh rolls for lunch! The alfalfa on mine was dreamy! Jie opted for peanut butter! We watched Dr Phil as we ate.

2ish 
Jie and I ventured out to take my new metal detector (Minelab’s Gold Monster 1000) for a spin. I printed off my new miners license I recently purchased, a few maps and spent the next two and a half hours detecting the ground for gold! 

4.30pm
After no luck out bush we stopped at Darley Park so Jie could catch a few Pokémon before we came home. I planted the seeds of bought earlier and had a chat over the fence to my neighbours brother in law. He saw that I was planting chives and said he would bring me a bunch of his. I love my community and the people in it whom are always willing to give advice and help out where they can. Looking forward to fresh chives from his garden while growing my own!

5.30pm 
I called Dad (he’s doing good)! We had a bit of a chat about everything I’d got done today, laughed about Max again before I took a shower and a nap. I didn’t wake up until 11pm and so I must have needed the extra sleep. 

12am 
I cooked mushroom and bacon pasta with spinach and sat up catching up on home and away. I also snuck some chocolate which I know is naughty that time of night but YOLO!!!!

3am 
I’m up writing this.

I am still tired so I’m going to get some more sleep once this is published but before I go I want to leave you with this.. Whatever you want to do in life, do it! Don’t let others hold you back or say you can’t. Life’s to short to stay stagnant. Make a list of things you enjoy or would like to give a go and make them happen! Check them off one by one! Experience all that life has to offer and don’t hold back! 

1 replied:

Nyambura Ngugi said...

That was truly a day well spent 😊.

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia