- Become more patient and encouraging with the kids. More gentle, kind and loving. Lately it's been so easy to lose my shit when two or more of the kids are mucking up, being cheeky, not listening or being silly, but I was never a Mum that constantly yelled and got aggravated easily. I feel myself becoming more and more firm when what I really want to do is set the example of how I want them to treat each other. It's such a hard thing to do when you're their sole role model, disciplinary and fun loving, crazy, upbeat Mum/Aunt.
- Make time for me. At times I feel like I'm losing my me. I get so caught up in the routine of what the kids need, want and should have that I forget about what I want, need and should have. I am leaning more and more on God at the moment and am reading His scripture every night. I find that keeps me grounded and feeling loved.
- Stick to the plan. In other words, follow through with what I say. I have always been a person who has meant what I say and I always keep my promises. I'm not saying that I haven't been lately, I just want me double check that I'm doing what I'm saying and not making excuses for my lack of action.
- Cook/Bake more. I love cooking and the kids love baking so let's do more of it. I want to try baking a pie of some sort as I have always been curious but also I just want to create more family meals using my new slow cooker.
- Fly a Kite. Justine and Hiram haven't really ever flown kites before so I want to take a little bit of time to share the experience with them. My kids and I love flying kites so it'll be fun seeing 4 little faces looking up and smiling at the colors in the sky.
- Spend some quality time with Jeanette and Janai. I will hopefully be able to check this of this weekend. I'm planning to take all the kids on a family fun day to Luna Park on Saturday. They are all very excited.
- Buy a Dog. Yep, a dog. Nevaeh's birthday is coming up and since as long as I can remember, she has always wanted a Dog. I think the time has come that she is both responsible enough and mature enough to look after a Dog. With my help of course. So yes, I think at the end of this month we will have a puppy.
- Go Apple Picking. And last but not least, I want to take the kids apple picking. Hiram and Justine eat a lot (and I mean a lot) of apples. If I let them they would not stop eating them at all. So I am organising a trip to the local apple orchards with my brother and his kids too. Let's go apple picking!
So I guess that's all I have on my mind for now. A family fun day, a new addition to the family, and a few small personal goals and I think I'm set for the next few months. Are you planning anything new and exciting for your family this autumn?