Friday 22 February 2019

{Day 52} Tears of Joy


It’s been a pretty massive week for me mentally and emotionally, but before bed tonight I want to share my thoughts on my nephew. 

My nephew, whom is experiencing racism at school, whoms Dad is currently in hospital with cancer and internal bleeding, whoms Mum is currently absent and not in touch at all with her kids just completely and utterly amazes the hell out of me!

My nephew bought me to tears tonight as he played basketball just as he does every other Friday night. 

Hiram makes me so proud. When he is out on the court playing the game he loves he leaves everything he is dealing with aside and just focuses on his coach, his team and his game. 

Watching from the side of the court I just found myself whelling up at the strength of this kid. Calling out racism this week, hearing that his Dads in hospital and here he is lay up after lay up with his Mum and Dads inherented athleticism and his Dads strong facial features, determination and pride while I watch on from the side. 

He deserves his Mum and Dad there cheering him on, watching and encouraging him from where I am but in that moment, I couldn’t be more prouder to be raising such a resilient, strong, proud young man! 

The shit he has been through is nothing in comparison of what’s to come but little glimpses like today help me sleep at night knowing that he knows how to hold himself with the safety and protection of me to fall back on always. 



Hiram, if you ever read this, never lose your spark! Always do what you know is right and always call out racism! You deserve love and respect! From your family, from your friends and from your team! Always be proud to be your mothers son, your fathers name and your Auntys one and only nephew!! Love you and I’m so so proud of you mate xx 

0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia