Friday 31 July 2020

Birthday 2020

Here in Bacchus Marsh, while we do have some restrictions, we are not in isolation (but it wont be far off). This pandemic has been a scary process and looking after myself and my family has become my priority leading me into fear of the unknown and the outside world. These past few weeks I have naturally been leaning on God more and more to help me live by faith and not by fear. So unlike our surrounding suburbs, we still have some freedoms. We can go fishing and camping and on weekend getaways. It comes with risks of course but with all that being said; this past Monday it was my birthday and had there not been restrictions the kids and I would have made our way up to sunny Queensland for my birthday weekend. So with the money in the back and no chance of heading to Qld we decided to get a luxury suite at the Great Ocean Road Resort

It felt so good with the car packed again.

 I live for these type of adventures!! 

The first day of our trip we rearranged the furniture to accommodate Jie's Xbox. We unplugged their complimentary foxtel so Jie could play his favorite game while Nevaeh and I went for a swim in the heated pool!











When we returned to the room Nevaeh and I both had a shower and got dressed nice for our reservation at The Coast Restaurant  











After dessert and a few wines we went back to the room and had an early night.

Day two consisted of driving the Great Ocean Road out to Lorne for Brunch, more swimming, walking around the lake in Anglesea and worshiping at the beach. 









That night I ordered room service and the kids ordered pizza from a small local business we all sat together to eat our favorite foods!









Monday was my birthday and also the day we were checking out of the resort. So we were up early to pack and re-rearange the room back to its original form. I woke up to the most beautiful message from my niece Jeanette and some of my close friends.



Before leaving the resort, the kids and I went for a walk along the beach and checked out a few rock pools as the tide was out. 






As we packed up the last things into the car I bought a big bag of microwave buttered popcorn from the neighboring servo and popped it in the microwave before we left. 

We drove home along the great ocean road listening to my playlist and munching on popcorn.

Home sweet home for my birthday! Back to the land of fast wifi, comfy beds and peace and quiet!

Nevaeh made mini pizzas for us for lunch while Jie made a yummy carrot cake for my birthday! 

I caught up on all my fave recorded shows.
 
Farmer wants a Wife
Below Deck
Home and Away
and Bachelor in Paradise

Before having a nap! 

It was good to get away but it was just as good coming home!

Two songs we loved to listen to on this trip were.. 




And right when I thought my day couldn’t be more perfect, I got a phone call and a knock at the door from two thoughtful friends. Thanks Rachy and Chell for taking time out of your days just for me and making my birthday just that little bit more spesh!! 

0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia