Wednesday 18 May 2016

Beef and Vegetable Stew

Last Monday night, I made my very first stew!
On Sunday we had our family meeting and as part of that we created a family meal plan. Janai chose stew forcing me out of my comfort zone and soon onto google to grab a recipe. I typed in beef stew and opened a few pages from Pinterest but didn't use one recipe directly. I just took tips from this one and that one to sort of create my own. And boy was it a winner..

So here is what I did..

Ingredients:
x1 halved then sliced onion
x3 diced carrots
x3 cubed potato
x1 big fat stalk of celery
x2 packets of 500g of diced beef
x2 ½ cups of plain flour
Pinch of salt and pepper
Canola spray
x2ltrs of Campbell's Real Beef Stock

Utensils:
pan
spatula
soup ladel
slow cooker
Bowl
x2 zip lock bags

Method:

  1. Pour one cup of plain flour into one of your zip lock bags, add a pinch of salt and pepper then drop in 500g of your beef and shake well.
  2. Spray your pan with oil and fry off the outside of your beef on a hot setting not worrying if the inside of you meat is cooked through.
  3. Place cooked meat in a bowl and leave to the side and continue steps 1 and 2 with the remaining 500g of beef.
  4. Pull out and plug in your slow cooker and pour in your Campbell's beef stock, Add vegetables and your meat. 
  5. Stew this on high for 5-6 hours,
  6. At five hours I mixed in another half a cup on flour just to thicken it all up. This is optional.

And there it is.
Here for you anytime you feel like a winter warmer.
Best served with rice!
Enjoy!

2 replied:

Michelle said...

Looks good! I know your family enjoyed it!

Felicia Smalley said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know I really enjoy reading your blog. I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog award: http://nowimmommy.com/one-lovely-blog-award/
Keep up the hard work. I enjoy all of the material you post. :)

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia