On Sunday we had our family meeting and as part of that we created a family meal plan. Janai chose stew forcing me out of my comfort zone and soon onto google to grab a recipe. I typed in beef stew and opened a few pages from Pinterest but didn't use one recipe directly. I just took tips from this one and that one to sort of create my own. And boy was it a winner..
So here is what I did..
x1 halved then sliced onion
x3 diced carrots
x3 cubed potato
x1 big fat stalk of celery
x2 packets of 500g of diced beef
x2 ½ cups of plain flour
Pinch of salt and pepper
x2ltrs of Campbell's Real Beef Stock
x2 zip lock bags
- Pour one cup of plain flour into one of your zip lock bags, add a pinch of salt and pepper then drop in 500g of your beef and shake well.
- Spray your pan with oil and fry off the outside of your beef on a hot setting not worrying if the inside of you meat is cooked through.
- Place cooked meat in a bowl and leave to the side and continue steps 1 and 2 with the remaining 500g of beef.
- Pull out and plug in your slow cooker and pour in your Campbell's beef stock, Add vegetables and your meat.
- Stew this on high for 5-6 hours,
- At five hours I mixed in another half a cup on flour just to thicken it all up. This is optional.
And there it is.
Here for you anytime you feel like a winter warmer.
Best served with rice!