Thursday 24 January 2019

{Day 24} Lake Creswick


Road tripping to Creswick over the holidays was such an emotional drive for me. 

After finding out Dad had terminal cancer last year, losing a few good friends and almost losing myself to the grief and pain of it all - Lake Creswick with some new friends was always going to be a good idea.

While driving behind the other three cars I felt this overwhelming sense of appreciation. 

Ever since I was young and my Dad would load up the car to take us on camping adventures I had always had the desire to one day be loading up my own car, my brother in his and be looking ahead at their cars as we ventured off. 

I was coming to terms that my hope of that happening would never happen.

Dad is too sick and my brother is no longer in the picture.

But, who’s to say God didn’t put this army of amazing people in front of me? To make me feel strong and empowered.

I still catch myself at times getting emotional at the thought of what I’ll lose when Dad does eventually pass away.

But I have to live for today.

And what a day it was..  














0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia