Wednesday 1 January 2020

New Year ~ New Me


Today's title inspired by LadBaby! If you havent seen their videos, watch them! And thank me later! I just finished watching their video on Facebook entitled New Year New Me and while I'm not wearing a wig or even committing to a change of diet and/or exercise regime, what I am doing is committing to..


  • Church More
  • Doing a bible study with friends 
  • Helping Jeanette get her Learners
  • Advocating for a New House (This year is THE YEAR we box up and move into a space we all desperately need)
  • Stomach Surgery (New year-New Me)
  • Saving for a Gold Coast Holiday in Feburary 2021 
  • Being a Bridesmaid for my best friends Wedding!
  • Spending more quality time with my Dad (whom has terminal Cancer)
  • To Blog more than I facebook and play games.. (tough stuff)
  • Plan a trip to our Ancestral Lands in the Torres Strait
  • At least 2 family weekends away together in 2020
  • New Blog design!
  • More Fishing trips
  • More time with Max
  • Start Working
  • Use my diary more (meaning organizing my weeks)
I don't for a minute think I can or will achieve all these things, but its good to have goals. It's nice to reevaluate where your at in life and set goals to get to where you want to be. I do these every few months and kick myself at opportunities that I have been given but cant take. It's easy to veer off course because you don't feel like adulating, I think I had that for a few weeks (not days, weeks) last year where I just felt like that. Committing to nothing but just getting through that day. Not growing, not healing, not loving, not inspiring but through that time I found myself understanding myself  a little more. For me that was a season of self love. People could look at that time and call me lazy but what it actually did was allowed me to be. Just be. And in that moment I reevaluated my life again. Committed to getting help and loving myself and those around me again. No one knew I what I was going through, the kids saw my lows but used the tools of independence I have taught them to look after themselves and each other through my trying time. It was amazing the way they were there for me the way I had been there for them on their hard days. It made us all that little bit closer. Because of the hard times I appreciate the good times and set my sights on what I want for my future. the kids look to us and how we live, they see all that we do and learn from us. I hope they learn to always set goals, create steps towards their hopes and dreams for their own lives. And I hope that you do too.. Life is not easy, if it was we'd never have needed Jesus. But with Him all things are possible and that is my reason to get up and show up each and everyday on this earth!

So here is to the next 365 days of our lives...

What is on your bucket list this year?




0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia