Tuesday 31 May 2022

Our May

May 1st - David and I took Jeanette, Hiram and Justine to the Ballarat Wildlife Park where we ventured around many enclosures and even fed a beautiful wombat named CoCo..










May 3 - I had my back left wisdom tooth pulled out.. 


The days/weeks that followed had me in excruciating pain. I was meant to go back to have my top left wisdom tooth taken out also but.. I don’t think I will.
May 8 - Mothers Day had me waking up 4 hour old toast and Justine’s version of fruit salad! 


Jie actually grew the flower I received from a seed.



The remainder of our day was spent spoiling my best friend Zo with flowers and chocolates before we all headed out for lunch.

May 10 - I picked Justine up early, we had afternoon tea before her Optomitrist appointment. 


May 12 - I took a candid photo of my coworker Nurse Jenny Cope for International Nurses Day. 

May 15 - David and I went to the planetarium to stargaze and get an educated perspective of our solar system. This was by far the best date we’ve had. 

Afterwards we grabbed a bite to eat at Grazeland.

May 19 - I was just grateful and captured this shot of the kids eating dinner together.


May 20 - My new book arrived.. 


May 20 - Janai came over for dinner and cake! I cannot believe my middle niece is 17years old xx

May 21 - My nephew Hiram had his artwork displayed around the ground at the Geelong vs Port Adelaide Indigenous AFL Round in which we proudly attended.


Then straight after that game the kids went into the city for the Dreamtime game together for the first time on their own..

I’m so proud to have been a part of raising these kiddos, and while Jeanette is technically not a child anymore let alone a teenager.. she will always be treated as one of my kids xx There is nothing I won’t do for my family and I’m so glad they could spend this night together and sing the Richmond theme song just as Pop would have wanted. 

That same Saturday night I took the opportunity to head out after Justine and Nevaeh went to bed. 


Let’s just say that I think I got home later then the kids!

May 22 - David too me out for a beautiful dinner date 

May 23 - I took Hiram to get his ear pierced.. 


May 24 - It was the small joys in a somewhat ordinary day in the life of Mel..



May 27 - I represented my Torres Strait Islander culture/family in raising the flag in Bacchus Marsh for the opening of National Reconciliation Week..

May 28 - David and I got engaged!!


May 31 - David celebrated his birthday 🥳 


We got a hotel room for the night still close enough to home as it was a weeknight and had the be home to take kids to school and get ourselves to work the next day, but the spa and time together, just the two of us was so beautiful finishing our May so relaxed and pampered. 




0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia