Monday 26 September 2011

No TV!

Back in June we unplugged our TV!

Since then we have gotten out outside antenna fixed, thrown away our set top box and have only been watching DVD's or Videos.. maybe three a week. It's been absolutely fabulous. The kids are playing together more, making their own fun and are wanting to go outside heaps more too. When the TV was on Jiedyn would sit in front of it more than 5 hours a day. I'm so glad he is exploring the world around him and teaching his sister new things along the way. They have also started getting they're books out again. More books are on my Christmas list this year as they know all the ones they have off by heart!

So tell me.. Would you give 'No TV' a go?

7 replied:

Theresa said...

i would give no tv a go, i hardly watch it, due to being on the comp so much

annies home said...

we did this for a while and found that we had more time I am a new follower and you can visit me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Cara said...

Haven't owned a TV in nearly 3 years. It has good and bad points.

Amy said...

We've never had the TV plugged in. I hate the marketing messages sent to children via the television, and I like being able to control what content they watch. The Tv also continues forever, it would be so easy to keep watching one show after another. DVD's, blissfull, end at some point!

Anonymous said...

So good to know I'm not the only one! I feel a bit bad when Jie cant get in on what happened on certain shows his friends are watching.. I feel better knowing you all do/did the same thing!!

Sara said...

I've done it before. I like my TV. Ethan would rather play on the computer than watch TV. He likes pbs kids. I recently have had to password it since he knows how to turn it on and login by himself. Limiting things are good for children too much of one thing isn't great.

Glad no TV is working for you :)

Jerk Parking said...

Awesome! I cut my cable off in 2008 and never looked back. I don't have kids, so I'm sure it must be a bit harder for you? Try not to feel bad about Jieden not getting to watch his shows. When I think back on my childhood, the memories that stick out are playing outside, building forts, etc. NOT TV. I barely remember the "must see" shows. I'm sure he'll appreciate it. Childhood is special and should be full of happy memories. I hope it continues to work well :)

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia