Wednesday 28 February 2018

Bingo Night

Tonight I spontaneously decided to go to Bingo.


After the kids were babysat last night by a babysitter they never want again, they assured me that they didn't need a babysitter and promised that next time I go out, that they would start listening to Jeanette.

So testing that theory, I decided I would go to Bingo tonight as I have been really wanting to go, but never have because we always have plans on a Wednesday night.

Bingo itself is not what it used to be for me. I remember going with my Nana (and Aunty) as a child and it being so much fun. Nan would let me play the books that had already been played and she used to sneak biscuits home so we could have a cup of tea and eat them together before bed. If she won she would treat us to some lollies at the shop across the road from her unit. When Nana got down to one number she would nudge me to check if the number had been called yet. She would get so excited and would curse when someone else yelled Bingo and tell me how many numbers she had been sitting on, waiting for her number to be called.

Tonight I went on my own. But I wasnt lonely. Although I was sitting on my own at a table to myself I looked around to see that the place was packed with more older people than young ones like me. But it made me smile. Because I could see them enjoying themselves. I could hear the odd whisper of someone saying they needed one number, the sounds of dabbers and pens coloring in the bingo ticket, I could hear people shuffling in their seats and when someone yelled Bingo, I could hear the chit chatter about the numbers they needed or how many they needed. Although I didnt get a bungo, I enjoyed the different ways people yelled bingo. And while concentrating on my book, marking numbers and getting butterflies when I needed that one number, I remembered Nan, and how I wished I could nudge her.

She is so deeply missed by me.

Bingo was her thing and I'm glad to have such beautiful memories of that with her.

When I returned home, Justine and Nevaeh were asleep, Jie and Janai were on the Xbox's and Jeanette was watching a movie. The house was quiet and kept clean and apparently everyone was wonderful. They definitely proved themselves tonight and I'm impressed.

0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia