Wednesday 5 February 2020

4 things I am yet to do

tropical palm trees GIF by Stefanie Shank
So I hope you guys are learning a little about me so far, I have just edited my "about me" page too, updating it to where I'm at in life and adding my accomplishments to date. But today, as a post, I thought I'd share 4 things that I am yet to do in my life. Four of my desires that I hope I get the opportunity to do one day. In no Particular order they are:

Kayak Fishing for Dusky Flathead at Lake Tyres, VIC

This will come as no surprise to any of my kids reading this, but to a lot of people who are yet to get to know me this has been on my heart for a while now. Why Kayak fishing? Why Dusky Flathead? and Why Lake Tyres? right? Well the female Dusky Flathead in Lake Tyres are protected. They're also monstrous with people said to be catching them over 110cm in legnth. That is a decent fish! Kayaking because I love a bit of a challenge and Lake Tyres is a beautiful little fishing spot down East Gippsland and a spot my Dad used to take us to as kids and now takes his grandchildren on adventures to. Both my kids first fish were caught there and so it holds much more than just the trophy fish in it's waters! It's a place of family moments and memories.


Travel Australia with my Kids

Not just any road though or with any map. I want Dad to mark the map and choose the roads. My Dad who was diagnosed with cancer in 2018 has traveled this country and has always loved sharing his adventures with me and the kids. Pulling out photo albums and showing us the amazing things he has seen and done in his life, I know he would have wanted to show and share these with his grandson, my son Jie. But he is now dealing with an illness that prevents him from doing this and which will end his life long before his eldest grandson even learns how to drive. So this is why I want to do this. Not just with Jie but with my daughter Nevaeh too. At just 10 years old she is an outdoor enthusiast. She loves walking tracks and fishing and camping and learning about nature and animals. Jie is very easy going in personality but Nevaeh lives fiercely. She is the one begging her Pop to take her camping and fishing while Jie allows others to take the lead and just goes with the flow. One day though, I'm going to pull out that map my Dad makes and just go.. and I cannot wait!

Move Interstate

Thinking ahead, when my Dad passes away there will be nothing keeping me here in Victoria. Apart from supporting my kids through school and hopefully towards successful careers my heart is not down here. Don't get me wrong, I do love this town and love raising my kids here but I need to be somewhere tropical. Somewhere warm and close to water. Coffs Harbour in New South Wales or a smaller coastal town in Queensland somewhere is where you'd likely find me 10 years from now. I just hope I make it outta this town which has been all I've known since I was 17 years old.


Work

For the past 15 years all I have done is raise kids. First my own and now my sisters 4 kids. This has been quite a roller coaster and as of lately, it has pushed me to my limits. Emotionally and Mentally I am just exhausted. Unlike most people, I do this without any support. I am the glue, the one who keeps everyone and everything together. I am the strong one for everyone and I live my life on "high alert" and "on watch" and have done my whole entire life. My worst fears are to lose any of our next generation to drugs or alcoholism. I live my life without a fallback. If I don't show up, no one shows up in my place. If I don't get shit done, no one gets shit done. I am my own fallback and always have been. Add the pressure of people, like your closest friends and family wanting to see you and these kids fail so they can "I told you so", my middle niece being in the care of another carer at the moment and refusing to come home, my daughter having separation anxiety and my car currently off the road and that is just a taste of what I'm deal with at the moment. While raising these kids the past 6 years I have done things I never thought possible with 6 kids in toe. I have got my diploma completing an 18 month course. I have got my licence, saved for a car and I even managed work experience around my kids. It was tough especially for my daughter, but I did it. I don't know when my life will calm down enough for me to get a full time job but it's definitely something I want and that I'm working towards.

What are four things you're yet to do in your life?


0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia