Thursday 7 May 2020

8 ways we're surviving isolation


We Victorians are going into our 5th week of lock down due to the Corona Virus (COVID19) which as of right now has infected 3,019,532 people across the world and has killed 208,121 according to this source. Thankfully in Australia the cases are decreasing daily and social distancing in some states are being lifted. But Victoria as far as the News told us tonight will still be isolating until at least the 11th of next month. So here are a few ways we've been keeping busy these last 5 weeks.





1. My Bible App
Just prior to stepping into isolation myself and a few friends began a bible study called defined. You can find it here. This couldn't have come at a better time with the heart break from the kids leaving my care, the lies that were circling around about me and the pressure DHHS was putting me under. I felt so alone and empty, my joy was gone, my world as I knew it had crumbled without me having any power to stop it and my kids so desperately needed me but I was totally out and down for the count. I was completely devastated. This bible app became my go to for hope, for peace and for strength on the days I just lay crying in my bed. I surrounded myself with mighty christian woman and zoomed (Video called) them once a week to share everything God was teaching me through this book. I've never in my life felt so close to God. And through his love and mercy, prayers from friends and love and patience from my kids I began to smile again. Without this app, my friends, my kids and the Holy Spirit guiding me back to a relationship with my heavenly father, I think I'd still be in a world of pain. The app itself has been life changing!

2. Puzzles and Games

  • The Game of Life Pets Edition is a family must have. 
  • Stuff Happens is another great game for all ages we've enjoyed an 1000 piece puzzles took us a week to complete.
  • Paddocks (also known as dots and boxes?) which I never lose at!
  • Battleship and Jacks (given to us bya friend)
  • And apparently Fortnite! Would you believe me if I told you I got 4th in victory royal using the strategy of hiding?! Duos is fun to play with the kids except when they call be a newb and refuse to play after a while because they're sick of carrying dead weight. Hahaha. But it's fun just being around them when they play and listening to them play with their friends online.




3. Home Schooling
Nevaeh is absolutely acing this homeschooling business and loves jumping on video calls with her class and teachers. She is also doing really great at her activities and loves being home where she can play with her dog or snuggle her cat on her breaks. Jie.. not so much..



4. Goodreads, Books and Audio Books
Today we received a book in the mailbox and I was excited thinking someone thought of me and put it in there for me to read. But when Jie logged on for English this afternoon he claimed it to be his. Which made me realize how long its been since I polished off a book. I downloaded audio books tonight and poured myself a glass of red wine. I listened to the first three chapters of Girl,Stop Apologizing while doing a sticker mosaic book. I'm enjoying it so far. I'm also reading a paperback book with Nevaeh that we picked up from the op shop last week while essentially shopping for a new reader for her. It's called Blueback  and she has been enjoying reading it both by herself and with me!

5. Red Wine
I have taken a liking to red wine and without a need to be on the roads and saving money on petrol I thought I'd try a few different brands to test my palate. I can tell you I'm no pro, you only have to look as far as my google search history to find "How to pronounce Pinot Noir". This ones the winner so far.. What Red is your favorite?

6. Sketching
Jie has taken up sketching while listening to heavy metal. Sketching tutorials on Youtube and sharpened lead pencils are whats keeping my boy busy when bored. So simple.

7. Foxtel & Netflix
It's no secret that I love a good reality TV show or romantic comedy. These past few weeks I have been watching Sister Wives, The Circle, Below Deck, Wife Swap, Rich House - Poor House, Cults and Extreme Belief, Eat well for less and Crime Investigation docos. I have also watched some old favorites with the kids like Over the Top, Toy Story and even Harry's Practice. Jie makes me watch Everybody loves Raymond..

8. Eating Well
Watching Eat Well for Less has inspired us to eat healthier and has prompted us with a new family challenge. The 5 a Day Challenge. So what we each have to do is eat 5 serves of fruit or veg a day. Nut and lentils also count towards our five a day so the kids and I are exploring new foods and recipes daily. Jie prefers his blended into a smoothie while Nevaeh and I eat more whole foods.

Let us know what you're doing to survive this time in the comments below.





0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia