Monday 18 May 2020

Mordialloc 2020

Corona Virus has kept us house bound for the last 5 weeks. Homeschooling the kidshas been a task of its own and speaking to friends and family only via phoneor facetime has its perks if you like social distancing, but I miss catching up for a coffee and a goss with my friends.

Today Nevaeh and I ventured out.

Nevaeh has been begging (and I mean really begging me) to go fishing! Since our last trip here..  where we actually caught a few fish, she has been itching to go again.. But when the government put us all into lock down her and my son Jie have had to stay home and only venture out to exercise. And by exercise, I mean beg me for money to walk to Lucky 7 to buy energy drinks and chewing gum.

Since then though, Nevaeh's wishes finally came true with our government easing restrictions a few days ago we finally got to enjoy some time outdoors. We caught up with Justine, Hiram and Janai on Friday for a picnic at the park where we gave Janai her birthday present. And then saw Jeanette on Saturday but stayed home putting punts on for Pop (my Dad).

Today though, we charged the car battery, packed the car with rods, buckets and the tackle box and drove an hour and a half to Mordialloc where people were catching Pinkies off the pier yesterday. We stopped at the local fish and chip shop to pick up some food for lunch before we paid for parking and ate lunch on the beach near the pier.

The weather was just beautiful and with the sun on our face we enjoyed our afternoon fishing off the pier.

We didn't catch anything but it was nice to be out of the house, in the sunshine with my daughter.

So good for my mental health!

Here are some photos of our day..
















0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia