Saturday 6 November 2021

Our Saturday with Justine

Today was a good day. 

I woke up at 7.30am, cleaned the bathroom, kitchen and lounge room, spoke to Dad and then messaged Justine’s carer and my eldest niece Jeanette to organise a time to pick Justine up as tonight is her first overnight contact sleepover! 

Around 9.30am I made a Chocolate Ripple Cake (see previous post for recipe) for us to enjoy after dinner tonight, had a shower and put Dads bets on for him for stakes day today. 

By 11.30am I realised I had a missed message from Jeanette and was late picking Justine up after having to organise cars as we were planning a trip out to Ballarat. 

12pm we were well on our way to Ballarat with Justine in toe. Nevaeh and Jie opted to stay home while David, Justine and I headed to Stocklands in Wendouree.

Around 12.20 we checked into stocklands, found a seat in the food court and chose our preferred lunches. Justine went with Spaghetti Bolognese, David opted for crispy chicken and chips while I ordered Beef and black bean. The conversation flowed as Justine talked about her friends and family and her birthday which is coming up. 

Soon after that we went to Michael Hill Jewellers to pick up my engagement/wedding ring set (finally). I tried them on and they fit perfectly! Justine now wants a ring for her birthday after seeing all the bling-bling at the Jewellers. 

Kmart was our last stop at Stocklands where we picked out the perfect prezzie for David’s soon to be 2yo daughter whoms birthday is coming up on the same weekend as Justine’s. 

After Stocklands we took the half loaf of bread we bought with us down to Lake Wendouree to feed the black swans known to frequent the lake. But not before we enjoyed some ice cream first! 



When we finally returned home I relaxed and had a nap for a half hour while Justine played on my phone and chatted away to Nevaeh in the next room. The watched some TV together until I got up to do dinner. 

Tonight I cooked Sausages for the boys and Justine’s choice of Honey Mustard Chicken for us girls. 

After dinner we went for a walk to Maddingley Park, the girls played for a bit before we all had a go at the gym and swings.

But the fun didn’t stop there, we had a race with Justine and Jie both winning before playing make believe cricket! We were all in Stitches and totally exhausted. 




David got himself and all the kids sour watermelon frozen drinks with sour bursties from Hungry Jacks on the way home. 

Once home the girls and I enjoyed some much anticipated Chocolate Ripple Cake while the boys opted out, content with their frozen drinks. 



Justine was then excited to have a bubble bath with a bath bomb of her choice to which she enjoyed to the sound of a few of her favourite songs. 

The kids mucked around for a little bit before bed, chasing each other through the house laughing and scaring each other before they all finally settled down for the night. 

Justine and Nevaeh watching Sonic in their room and Jie watching a movie by himself in the lounge. 

David and I have said goodnight now and look forward to another fun day together tomorrow! 

More photos of our day including the black swans we fed are on my Instagram. My username is melofbacchus 🙂


0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia