Tuesday 9 July 2024

A Song a Day (NAIDOC EDITION)

 I thought I’d share a song a day during NAIDOC Week

This one is titled “For my Tiddas”

Barkaa

To understand is to listen..

Black sista, where you going, how you doing, where you been?
I ain't seen you scene for a couple of weeks
By all means, stay on ya roll you gotta do ya thing
But please don't sell ya soul for a couple of g'z
Embrace your black skin
And your race within
You're blessed by your blackness
And your dark skinned kin
Raise strong black kids
Throw those drugs in the bin
And you'll be bound to make
Your old people look at you and grin
Uhh
Stand strong like your matriarchy
And titta aim higher than stars can reach
You ain't gotta act different when it comes to me
I believe in ya sista take a walk with me
Brr ko
Like Pac said
The sweeter the juice
You're too deadly sis to go hang ya head in a noose
I know ya sick of tired of dealing with the drugs and abuse
You're too strong my sista you know
The deeper the roots
Uh
Black woman in a white mans world
It's tough
Being sexualized is all we learnt
That's enough
You're worth more than getting treated like dirt
Show love
And give your sisters what they truly deserve
Respect
We sick and tired of getting treated as less
Saying that sex sells but I got no sales for pests
The way you treat your woman has you looking reaal oppressed
"She's got her lore you got yours it's time to have it addressed
If she stands with you than stand with her,
Cause handing down this healing is the bigger picture
Got nothing to do with your sexual preference,
This is about our solidarity that's getting questioned
Brr ko
Don't be shame sis
Let em know what's up
Pave the way for your babies so they grow up tough
Aim higher even though you grew up in hard knocks
And show ya babies what it feels like when you truly are loved
And let me tell you somethin'
You ain't defined by your past
They tried to judge me for it
Look who gets to have the last laugh
Cause I go hard,
Throwin stones surrounded by glass
Won't get you nowhere
I ain't even ashamed of my scars
I'm a proud black sista
So don't ever get it twisted
They was aiming at my downfall but they missed and turnt to misfits
I'm really quite exquisite
And my sisters keep it busy
We rockin' out our culture
With our elders as our witness
Let me
Break it down so you get it stuck in ya head
A black woman raised you so don't you ever forget
And I ain't baggin' out my bruvas, my bruvas are warriors
But if ya can't respect ya tiddas don't expect us to honour ya
Brrrrr ko

To understand is to listen..

0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia