Friday 12 July 2024

NAIDOC at Western Health 2024

 This year I was asked to organize an event for 40+ people for work for NAIDOC Week.

Come the day, Wednesday the 10th; what could go wrong, did go wrong.

I was sick, woke up with next to no voice.

I lost my work badge - meaning I couldn't print a thing.

But thankfully, the catering from Slice is Life came through for us.

And my manager and collogue Gill were there to help print and put up posters and set the scene.

I truly appreciated their help.

The day went on, I masked up not to spread any germs.

I received positive feedback from not only our team and management but from higher up and other services whom use our building also.

Everyone enjoyed the music and there were enough scones for everyone to enjoy.

All in all it was a wonderful little internal event.

This picture below was taken on the day.

In the photo from Left to Right:

Alanna Ross (Pathways worker for our Babaneek Baboop Program)

Ralph Doole (Case Manager at McKillop Family Services)

Myself, Melissa Baker (Aboriginal Liaison/SEWB/Outreach worker)

Gillian Thatcher (Care-Coordinator and Community Health Nurse)


1 replied:

Joanne said...

Aw, I hope you are feeling better soon. It sounds like a successful event but all those little hiccups make it all the more stressful.

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia