Monday 15 September 2014

The Ultimate Wedding


 Yesterday, the 14th of September 2014 my Uncle married the love of his life in a sweet little chapel at Mount Evelyn. The wedding was short but intimate with the guests made up of close friends and family. I can honestly say that I have never seen my Uncle so happy. Uncle Shane is the only other Christian in our family and his love for the Lord shone throughout the ceremony with prayer, scripture readings and songs of praise including "Amazing Grace" sung by all. The vows were beautiful and honest and rings were exchanged before Uncle shane leaned his beautiful wife back with a very romantic and unforgettable kiss.  

The atmosphere was quite friendly and relaxed before we headed to the maroon room for lunch. The maroon room was absolutely stunning, very elegant and just beautiful. For someone who doesn't get out often I was quite surprised when I knew which knives, forks and glasses to use. I even found myself helping Dad who was sitting beside me looking a little lost with so many options. 
The menu's were thoughtfully and wonderfully put together.
The food was delightful and surprisingly filling.

The wedding cake was the most expensive cake I've ever seen in my life but highlight of my day was the bride and groom's first dance which I was lucky enough to catch on video (see below). It really was like a fairy tale as they danced closely.

Dad and I got up for a dance which too was just as special to me. 

 The speeches were so amusing, fun and witty. I could see the wonderful friend Uncle Shane had in his best man. They're vibrant personalities bounced off each other. Friends like that are rare and a real blessing to ones life. 

A lot of photos of the newly wed couple were taken around the grounds including in front of a beautiful fireplace. The photographers did a fabulous job at capturing their incredibly romantic-al day! I loved the snapshots of Uncle Shane posing. I loved seeing the fun side of him.

But the real fun was saved for the dance floor after our meals. Everyone was so full of life - Dancing, enjoying life and celebrating the marriage of two of of God's most precious souls. Lots of fun songs (including The Chicken Dance + Gangnum Style) and bad dance moves had us all in fits of laughter. 

It truly was the most fairy tale like wedding I could have ever imagined. I still cannot believe my Uncle is actually married. He is so happy and so full of life, I'm overjoyed at the thought of him sharing his days with someone he cares so much about.

Congratulations Uncle Shane..
And welcome to the family Aunty Mayuree!









Ephesians 5:2 NLT
Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God
God's richest blessings to you both.
xx

1 replied:

Nicole said...

What beautiful photos of what looks like a very special day. And Mel... you look gorgeous!!

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia