Tuesday 24 February 2015

E-mailing Him..

Who would have thought a simple e-mail would have sparked such an exciting connection..

Emailing him was new to me and was new to him too.. What started as just a bit of fun on the weekends soon developed into a daily thing. A new found relationship started to form and I began hearing his heart which made us become closer.

It all began just after his birthday last year.. He being my 9 year old son of course. I opened and email account in his name and tried to get his family on his Dad's side to email him and also a few friends to ask if their children would like an e-pal so he could develop writing, typing, spelling and computer skills in general. His report from the middle of grade 2 last year showed that he wasn't as tech savy as the others in his class were so I came up with this idea to get him used to a computer.

When no-one went ahead with the idea I took it upon myself to email him. He was excited to recieve his first email but took a while to want to write back. He only wrote back on weekends with short answers to my questions about school and friends but today, three months later, we have an amazing e-relationship. He tells me everything sort of like a diary. He opens up about what he likes, what he doesn't like, prayer points and loves receiving emails back.

Although he's spelling still needs working on, he is getting better at using full stops and capital letters. He loves Knock-Knock jokes most of all.

I'm so proud of how far he's come in his language skills too. He's becoming more descriptive and intriguing. I love my boy and hope our E-mails continue for years to come.

1 replied:

Launna said...

Mel...this is so beautiful... what a lovely and inspirational idea ♡♡♡

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia