Monday 13 February 2023

Black & White Weekend

Friday night straight after work I drove home, picked my partner David and 17yo son Jie up (Nevaeh, my 13 year old daughter opted to stay home to play online games with her friends which was totally fine with us) packed our fishing gear and made our way to Werribee South Beach stopping on the way for worms and slushies from KFC.


Being back by the ocean is so relaxing and fishing with my son always brings my heart so much joy. My love of fishing came from my father whom has now been gone for over a year and when I'm by the ocean, I feel close to him remembering everything he taught me and I love being able to pass that knowledge onto my son.


All week every part of me just wanted to be by the ocean..
On Saturday, my heart again yearned for the ocean and my want to fish. I absolutely love it. I feel so calm, like nothing else matters in the world when I'm by the ocean and I feel so close to my Dad who I miss so so much. This time it was a family trip with Nevaeh joining us and belting out the big notes in the car on the way there with me.


Again we stopped for frozen drinks before this time fishing off the Werribee Boat Ramps.

The kids left us to go for a walk along the beach together. Jiedyn has been concerned about his sisters mental health again and so they got a chance to talk about it together away from their tech and gadgets.


I have always loved the bond they share, its envious and reminds me a lot of the bond my brother and I had once had. Through lifes ups and downs it was my brother I could be myself around the most.


While the kids shared time together I enjoyed this view with two fishing rods and both my feet in the water. Absolutely no fish were caught but it was so relaxing listening to the waves roll in and out.

As the night came to an end Jie had us in stitches from laughing!


First chasing his sister with his fishing rod all the way to the car and then her locking him out of the car and him deciding to hitch a ride on the bonnet.


There was a man with his dog sitting up on the hill whom was very amused by my son.


I'm sure it would've made my Dad laugh too.


Sunday was back to just our normal Sunday routine. Cleaning and preparing for our week ahead. I did two loads of washing, tidied the lounge and kitchen areas, Nevaeh cleaned the bathroom before Jie cleaned the hallway while I scrubbed the toilet. David did the dishes and tidied the kitchen again after I made 4 types of dinners tonight to meet everyones requests as well as scones for dessert. Jie and I watched Hells Kitchen while we ate dinner tonight and Chess has become our new before bed hobby.


The week ahead is looking pretty busy but good-busy!
I'm working two half days which will fill up my week so I'm enjoying some down time tonight.


Tonight's blog post and weekend recap is a part of a new blog hop I found this week.




Have a really positive week everyone and if your feeling lonely or down jump onto my twitter for inspiration, random facts and encouragement. You can find my twitter here..

2 replied:

Dragonstar said...

Welcome to the Challenge!
You have a lovely collection of photos.

magiceye said...

Gorgeous captures!

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia