Monday 13 June 2011

Their High Tech World





So who has fallen victim to the tech monster? Brought your toddlers/kids a DS, a playstation, a wii, an Xbox etc..

Me! My son in his short 5 years on this earth has has a digimon, a tamagotchi, a gameboy, a DSi, two playstation2's, two computers in his room and an mp3 player!

Jiedyn now has none of those things. But he does still have over 300 movies (both DVD's and videos). My son is a movie buff. He loves all things action but at the same time is a sucker for The Care Bears and Dora. Now that he and Nevaeh share a room there is no DVD player for their TV. I wanted their room to be a place of play, of chatter and of imagination. We have started having 'no tv days' around here and I can see how much of sitting in front of the tv has impacted Jiedyns life. He is looking for something to amuse him instead of making up pretend play. Its sad to see parents allowing their children to become so caught up with our high tech world like I did for so long.. I plan to bring back mud pies, chalk on the footpaths, crawling around like cats & dogs and rolling down hills! I'm going to show my kids how we did things "back in my day".

3 replied:

Nancy Santana said...

Hi, I am follow you from MBC please check out my blog..

http://www.nancysantanablog.blogspot.com

Have a great day!
Nancy

Cara said...

We don't even own a TV, it's a great escape :). I watch stuff on-line admittedly but I find us playing a lot more as a family. Growing up we had the TV off for one full day and it changed the whole tone of the house.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nancy! I will check your blog out sometime tonight!

And Cara.. I know a few people who don't own tv's or have them but don't use them.. I would go crazy without mine! But there is nothing on daytime television worth watching anyway.. apart from Dr Phil. From 6-8pm is my tv time.. been that way pretty much all my life :D

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia