Sunday 9 December 2012

Christmas Advent: Day 8

Bake Cookies for the neighbours.
Yesterday was just way too hot to be home baking so I told the kids this morning that this afternoon, providing they're rooms were cleaned up, that we would bake for our neighbors. 

At one o'clock we left for the shops to by food coloring and icing sugar. We got home at around three o'clock and started mixing and cutting at four o'clock. By five we we're baking and preparing our different color icing sugar. The kids took turns painting and dipping the cooled biscuits into the 100's and 1000's. 

We made green trees, red angels, blue boys, stripy red candy canes and yellow stars & bells.


 Knowing our neighbors, we packaged the biscuits so that every one in their family could enjoy one. Three families on our street have four children, we made around 60 biscuits to share.

 12 deliveries later it was time to head home and clean up.
Dishes, dinner then bedtime..
 So much for the 'I'm not tired' excuse.

6 replied:

Tendrils Of My Existence said...

These small glimpses into a stranger's life are so precious. I love that you were able to incorporate the holiday season, sharing and family time all into one fun event. Those cookies look cookbook-worthy.

-Tendrils of My Existence

Unknown said...

They look tasty. Send me some please!

Gemma Wiseman said...

What a wonderful idea for Christmas! Sharing at home and sharing with neighbours! And those cookies look so colourful!

Unknown said...

What precious moments you are creating. I look forward to baking Christmas cookies with my kids 21, 16, 16, 14 and 10 this weekend.
I lost my wordpress.com followers when I switched web host this week. If you were following me and did not get the updated post today, please follow me again. I would be grateful! Thanks and Many Blessings!! Diane Roark www.recipesforourdailybread.com

You really do have an encouraging blog! I enjoy getting your e-mail updates and reading your encouraging stories. Blessings, Diane Roark

Mum in a Hurry said...

They look WELL yummy!

Susan Evans said...

Baking cookies can be exhausting. Yesterday my kids and I baked cookies the whole day, and we delivered them to an elderly man (a widower who happens to love cookies).

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia