Monday 9 March 2015

My First Baby Questionnaire

 1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?  
No it wasn't.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? 
No I'd only been with Jiedyn's father for around 3 months prior.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?  
I went into hibernation mode. I don't remember walking out of the doctors but do remember locking myself in my room not wanting any company and just crying. At the time his father and I were living in a 12 bedroom squat with no power. I had a $50 a day drug habit and we were surrounded by drug addicts, prostitutes and drunks. I was terrified of bringing a baby into all of it and was trying to figure out what my next move would be.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? 
When I was at the doctors in Fortitude Valley, Queensland, the doctor felt my stomach and told me that I was more than halfway through my pregnancy. I told him about my drug habit and he told me that termination of my pregnancy was not an option. I hadn't even thought about it then and there but no, it wasn't an option.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 
I was 17yo when I walked into the doctors and found out.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? 
I had no idea I was even pregnant. I wasn't showing and although I was sick I thought it had to do with my asthma and the cannabis I was smoking.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? 
I actually don't know who I told first. His father was there at the appointment and after hibernating Daniel had told the people we were living with. I think I may have told my Mum first who was living on the streets at the time.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?  
I did.

9. WHEN WAS YOUR DUE DATE?
19th of November 2005

10 DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? 
Yes. I was so sick every morning and even in the afternoons. I had triggers too. The smell of coconut and raw meat made me run to the nearest bathroom

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Roast Potato and Pickles. I used to ask for a cup of Pickles from McDonalds and they wouldn't charge me for them. I'd eat the whole cup of pickles then get heart burn but it was so worth it. Potatoes were harder to find while living on the streets. Jiedyn's father walked up and down every lane way and went into every cafe and restaurant looking for roast potatoes. By the time we found a street van who sold them in was three days after my craving.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? 
Not having a home. Or supportive family.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? 
I had a baby boy.

DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? 
Nope because everyone in our family on my mothers side had always had girls first so I was proud to be breaking the cycle and giving my grandmother a grandson.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 
Weight in my circumstances wasn't as important as finding support and a roof over our head so I didn't really get to enjoy this aspect of my pregnancy.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
I didn't.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? 
N/A

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? 
I had low iron and heart burn pretty much the whole way through. Also Jie had to be endued 10 days after his due date as he just didn't want to come out.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? 
In a hospital bed at the Bacchus Marsh Hospital.

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
5 hours and 10 minutes.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? 
His father and I walked in late for our 8.30am apt. I slept in.

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Jiedyn's father Daniel, His mother Cindy and his sister Stacy.

23. WAS IT VAGINAL OR C-SECTION?
Vaginal

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
I had pethadine and a little Gas. I didn't like the Gas much.

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 
7 Pound 10 Ounces (I think)

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
Around about 2.30pm on November the 29th.

30 WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Jiedyn Karl

 31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?

9 years old

1 replied:

Unknown said...

Sounds like it was a rough pregnancy!! My first baby wasn't planned either and the situation definitely wasn't ideal for bringing a baby into. Luckily we were able to live with my mother until we got on our feet. But in the end everything came together and it turned out to be the biggest blessing to get pregnant! :)

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia