Otherwise known as Chicken and Vegetable Risotto..
My precious boy has been unwell all day today with Gastro and has been complaining he is hungry. I made him cheese toasties this morning but he didn't keep them down. I tried dry toast and water for lunch but just the smell made him puke. So tonight I steered clear of bread, butter, milk, egg and cheese and made him a dairy free risotto..
Jie, feeling very weak managed a few mouthfuls then a few more. Now, 4 hours later he has fallen asleep with this and half an apple in his little tummy no longer complaining of hunger.
I thought I'd jump on here to write down the recipe for future references.
1 large pot
1 wooden Spoon
1 chopping board
1 stove top
1 stove top
2 tbls olive oil
1 tbls crushed garlic
1 medium brown onion
1 medium carrot
2 cups of rice
1ltr of vegetable stock
2 handfuls of cooked chicken breast
1 celery stick chopped
Method1. Heat oil in heavy-based pan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic, onion + carrot and cook stirring until vegetables are softened.
3. Add rice + cook stirring for 1 minute or until lightly coated in oil.
4. Add 2 cups of the stock + bring to boil.
5. Cover + simmer for 6-8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
6. Continue to add remaining stock (about 1/2 cup at a time).
7. Stir in Celery and chicken breast.
8 Cook stirring constantly for 8-10 minutes.
9. When the risotto is creamy + rice is soft serve it up.
10 Season with cracked black pepper to taste and enjoy!
This was my first time making risotto and it turned out lovely.
It won't be my last..