Thursday 5 January 2023

Six Sentence Story

 Today I am linking up with GirlontheEdge's Blog Hop.


Thursday's Six Sentence Story.


Forgive me as I break the "prompt word" part to this link-up in my first week. Eeeek. I will use the word prompts if/when they prompt a moment of a day in my life. Here we go..


She sat in the corner of the room, looking out at the sea of faces; none of which she recognized. This was another Christmas with another Foster Family she knew she wouldn't be with for long. Finding a familiar face, she watched her little foster brother's eyes light up with glee on the lap of his grandfather as he opened his beautifully wrapped Christmas gift. She'd always wished for one, a grandfather that is. Her mother an addict, her father an alcoholic, her aunt and Uncle refusing care of her and a Nana likely oblivious to the situation, maybe a grandfather would love her. Like this grandfather loved Aidan.

Christmas 2002 aged 14


Feel free to join in..

6 replied:

Carrie Levine said...

Hope the grandfather turns out to be a great gift. (from Cassa Bassa)

Frank Hubeny said...

It is good to be loved by family. I wonder why she keeps moving from foster homes.

HulderMN said...

Maybe that grandfather held the visa to enter her forever family!

iamthewalrus said...

It is understandable that she wants that kind of Christmas and life in general. Ever child wants and deserves love and a good family. Is it a true story?(you set it in 2002)

Nicole Horlings said...

My heart goes out to this 14 year old child. Very well written!

messymimi said...

Such heartbreak. It makes me wish i could do more for those in this situation.

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia