Friday 20 January 2023

Thankful Thursday




 This week I'm so thankful that my work colleague is back from leave and sickness. It was a pretty hectic two weeks without her and the time alone has definitely made me appreciate her all the more. I realize now just how much I have to learn and how needed she is for what I cannot do. A new found appreciation for sure.


So incredibly thankful for friends who have stuck by my side through all life's ups and downs and whom check in on me and love me regardless of my weird distant phases.  


Thankful for a supportive team around me at work, not only my workplace managers whom are approachable at anytime but my people at KIRRIP Aboriginal Corporation whom always have my back and have me feeling so loved, heard and so so supported. Working within the Aboriginal community with this type of support is so needed to keep your spirit strong. I love what I do but I couldn't do it without the love and support of my people.


Thankful for new connections with my Torres Strait Islander Family. I received a message from another one of my elders from the "Nawie" side of my family tree whom married into the family. Word must be getting around up there about "Uncle Laubry's Granddaughter down south" as that's who they know me as. It's been a beautiful journey finding my family and learning of my culture thus far. Excited to have now booked in a trip for June to go up to see them again.


Thankful for the brief time spent with my son this afternoon after work. My two kids (aged daughter 13 & son 17) are on school holidays at the moment and I'm working most days only able to catch up with them on weekends and my Mondays off as all of our sleeping patterns are off. Usually the kids are asleep until dinner time as they'd been up all night gaming with their friends so I get home from work, cook dinner, have a shower, watch some TV then go to sleep by around 7-8pm. I then get up at around 12-1am to clean a little, blog and prepare for the following day getting back to bed at around 3-4am. To which I consider "my-time". But tonight after work, Swim & Gym and shopping I came home to cook dinner for the fam and Jie came into my room to watch "Secret Life of 4, 5 and 6 Year Olds" with me as I ate my dinner and enjoyed a scotch on the rocks. Thankful for him laying up beside his mama for this one on one time.


Thankful for my blog and the ability to be able to document mine and my childrens lives for future generations. Thankful for my friends and followers I've met along the way and for all that I have done here. It keeps me motivated and is by far my favorite place to be. Whether reading posts of the pasts or creating new ones I really do love every aspect of blogging.


Thankful for full bellies, ice cream after dinner, savings accounts, the ability to save, hot showers, fresh sheets, cold bottles of water in the fridge, scotch to relax with after work, my daughters laughter, the sound of my sons guitar, messages from my niece, a car to get me here and there, specials at Coles which keeps us under budget when shopping, my partner keeping the kitchen clean for me to come home and cook dinner, clean clothes, comfortable shoes, the ability to do work notes at home, the ability to turn my work phone off out of hours etc. 


So much to be thankful for this Thankful Thursday!

Linking up for the first time Jennifer's blog-hop here..

Feel free to join the blog hop or just comment your thankfulness below.


1 replied:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I'm so glad you joined us today! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, and know that I also look forward to getting to know you in this beautiful blog community. Have a great day, Melissa!

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia