Monday 30 January 2023

First Day back to School Photos!


Seriously. Long gone are my cute littlies with arms around each other and big toothless grins. My son, now seventeen heading into year eleven didn't want the photo at all telling me to hurry up and not accepting his sisters arm around him while my daughter, thirteen and about to begin year eight smiled up big after taking hours to get ready and pissing me off in the process.

It was a quiet day at home for me on my day off but it was Max who missed Nevaeh the most today. Over the school holidays he has been coming inside and sleeping in Nevaeh's bedroom. Today he was back outside and the plan is that he comes in on weekends only. 

Such a loved boy.

After school Jie came into my bedroom to tell me about his day and that he missed his first legal study subject and tripled up on Math. He then practically begged me to go with him to the pool. I caved in and after the doctors this arvo we headed to the local outdoor pool. 



At around 3.40pm we had the whole Bacchus Marsh Swimming Pool to ourselves for at least an hour. 

It was so refreshing and Jie and I enjoyed being idiots before having a more serious chat about his education, subjects, teachers and friends. 

After we returned home it was decided that Fish n Chips was on the menu for dinner tonight so David and I drove down to pick them up once ordered. 

Nevaeh strolled in the door at 7.30pm after spending the whole afternoon with her friends riding the local buses, hanging out at McDonalds and seeing her friends off at the train station. 

She did not want to talk about school or anything only asking what’s for dinner and that she was talking to a new boy “in real life” (oh no!) 

I sent photos to her father of her in prep and the ones taken tonight. He said he’d been trying to call but I explained how she is just too cool for us these days. 

Overall it was a good first day for them both. 

1 replied:

Lisa Blair said...

Beautiful children, Melissa! May they have an awesome school year!

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia