Friday 2 December 2022

{Flashback Friday} Big Brother from Day Dot


My waters broke at 2am and I immediately woke her father up. We only lived 2 houses from the emergency ward so I wasn't stressed. We woke Jie who was three at the time and as he got out of bed he said "We gotta go to the park first" after we gathered all the baby things we started walking out the door when again Jiedyn said he needed to go to the park first and started walking towards the park. Jie was 3yo.

Once at emergency I was wheeled down to the maternity ward in a wheelchair. I spent all my time in the shower as it was more relaxing. Jiedyn was taken into the next room to watch TV while I birthed his baby sister. He came in right after she was born.

As the doctor was checking her weight, length and head circumference Nevaeh was crying. Jiedyn got worried telling the male doctor to leave his sister alone. "Stop, your hurting my baby" were his sweet words and when the doctor tried to wheel her from the room Jiedyn stood in front of the trolly and wouldn't let him take her.

I'll never forget Jiedyn's First Hold . He held her before me and didn't want to let her go..

The first few days at home were great, Nevaeh hardly cried and when she did it was so soft I wouldn't wake up. Her father and I seeked advise from a friend at the time penny, a mother from our church who, had 5 kids . She helped with getting Nevaeh into a sleeping routine and it really helped later.. she never fought me at sleep times as time went on and put herself to bed when she was 3 and 4yo.

Jiedyn was such a beautiful big brother from day one. 
Always protective, gentle, kind and caring towards his little sister.

 
Still is <3 



2 replied:

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely post. Siblings are the best! Thank you for sharing.

Lauren - bournemouthgirl

Anonymous said...

Awe that is so sweet. He definitely is a great big brother for sure!

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia