Wednesday 14 December 2022

The Big Christmas Questionnaire












Today I am taking part in Jordanne's Big Christmas Questionnaire which you can find on her blog here.

The rules are as follows:

  • Answer the 15 Questions
  • Tag up to 10 others to take part
  • Reference “Tag by @Ofaglasgowgirl” in your post
  • Thank the person who tagged you
  • Have fun!

So here goes..

1. What’s your favourite thing about Christmas?

In the years gone by my favorite part of Christmas has been time spent with family, friends and community over the years doing our family advent activities. We have shared such amazing unforgettable days and nights with friends we've considered family which I've absolutely enjoyed over the years.


2. Do you have a favourite festive scent?

Yanky Candle's White Christmas hands down. 

3. What’s your favourite Christmas movie?

That's easy ELF! but I do love Home Alone 2 better than Home Alone 1 and also Look Whos Talking Now. They all have to be watched at some point in December.

4. Do you have a Christmas eve tradition?

As Christians, we dont leave milk and cookies out for "Santa" but when the kids were little they got a new pair of Christmas PJ's to wear to bed Christmas Eve and I would read the Christmas Story from their Childrens Bibles. It's been many years since we've done that but I think I'll bring that back this year. 

5. What’s your favourite Christmas memory?

The Year my Dad bought me Hanson's first album as well as their Christmas album "Snowed In" as gifts. We went up to the mountains on a camping trip together and for 3 hours we listened to Hanson's two albums. By the end of the trip even he knew the words to Mmm Bop.

6. What’s the most memorable present you’ve ever received?

That's a tough one, maybe the year I was in foster care and my foster family bought me the Jars of Clay Album. I'd never heard of them before as I was newly Christian and they were a Christian band but I really learned to love that album as well as the body shop's Coconut Body Butter which I wore to high school every day as a teenager.


7. How long before the 25th do you put presents under the tree?

As soon as the tree goes up, gifts go under adding more and more as the month progresses.


8. Who did you spend your last Christmas with?

Last Christmas was so cute. Just my son, daughter and partner. I think this year we will do the same.

9. Did you send Santa letters when you were a child?

I think we did it as an activity in school, but I don't remember it being a part of my family tradition in my family or any of the foster homes I lived in.

10. Have you ever re-gifted a Christmas present?

Absolutely never. I am a sentimental person so even shitty gifts mean a lot to me.

11. Do you have a favourite Christmas decoration?

The star on the top. For all that it represents.

12. What does your dream Christmas morning look like?

Snow and a fireplace, but living in Australia it's scorching hot BBQ weather.

13. Do you prefer the starter or dessert at Christmas dinner?

Dad's Christmas Trifle. Never done starters, just bowls of chips, lollies and nuts. But Christmas is the only time we make Trifle throughout the year.

14. If you could invite 3 people to Christmas dinner, living or dead, who would it be and why?

Being the sentimental person that I am it would have to be my Nana as I miss her so much and want to share with her so much thats happened since shes been gone, my Dad because I just need his wisdom, advice and hug. But most of all my mothers father whom she never met as I'd love to hear about his childhood, family and culture growing up. I have such a deep respect for my old people so they would be my three.

15. What age were you when you discovered Santa wasn’t real?

I think I was about 11yo. My Dad tripped over something while putting our play station from "Santa" under the tree on Christmas morning waking me up. 

The next day, I realised all the presents were wrapped in the same wrapping paper and Dad's handwriting was on the tag from Santa. 

Dad tried to say that he did "Santa" a favor by wrapping and signing our gifts but we didn't buy it.

It was later confirmed by my teachers at school that we had to play pretend for the younger students.

Next I must Tag 10 people so here are my 10:

Lauren who blogs here.
Rosie whom blogs here.
Teja whom blogs here.
CeeCee whom blogs here.
Paige whom blogs here.
Nicole whom blogs here.
Courtney whom blogs here.
Jeanette whom blogs here.
Jade whom blogs here.
and Maria whom blogs here.

Again I'd just like to thank Jordanne for creating this Questionnaire as it was nice to look back and reflect on Christmas gone by. I hope those tagged also share with us what makes Christmas special to them through these questions also.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow bloggers - Old and New!

0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia