Friday 3 May 2013

Memories of Nana..

After going through all the old photos, it was this one I choose to share with you all {And my children}.

This photo was taken by me back in 2009 on a disposable camera which was later scanned onto my laptop. I remember looking through the lens and capturing the perfect moment just as Jie was smiling at his Great Grandmother.

Nana loved spending this quality time with her first born grandson. And was actually quite surprised when she found out that I was having a boy.

This was because. In our family. Going back generations. The woman always birthed their daughters first.
My Great Grandmother birthed a girl, another girl, a boy and then twins (My nana was one of the twins) and went on to have more.. 
Then our Nana had two girls.
Our mother had 2 girls and a boy in that order.
Our Aunty had 2 girls and a boy in that order.
And my sister had 2 girls and a boy in that order and has since had another daughter.
I was the first to break the genetic cycle having a son first and then my daughter.
And I am the only one in my family with a pigeon pair.

Nana always said that she wanted to be around to see her Great Grandchildren and she was blessed with meeting 4/5 to date. She loved all of her grandchildren and great grandchildren and left us all with precious memories before her passing in 2009. 

I'm so happy knowing she met, loved, held and spent time with my two children. 
If only for a little while.

She was beautiful.

5 replied:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of grandma with the baby!!

Anonymous said...

That's pretty crazy how it's always girl first. Coincidence??
I love the picture :) I love old pictures of families. We all have them (okay, I'm sure there are some people who've thrown them all out), and they are just delightful. It's confirmation that the world DID exist when we were little or before we were born.

Carolee Crafts said...

A wonderful memory captured in time forever and such a beautiful story, thank you fro sharing Melissa and for starting Flashback Friday

Unknown said...

What a lovely pic! That is definitely the stuff that memories are made of! God bless!

Unknown said...

what a cute memory from dear grandma

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia