Tuesday 21 May 2013

My Community - My Problem.

Have you ever actually realized how much you impact those around you? I mean not just the people you share your home with or your Facebook page with but your whole community?  state? and country? A friend really made this clear to me this week and it was a massive wake up call for me. Every choice I make in my life impacts not only me and my family, but my actions are like a voice to say what I stand for in Bacchus Marsh, Victoria, Australia.

I recently left a great church in Melton to find a family Church right here in my home town. The church has a big vision for Melton and the more it was spoken about the more it became clearer to see that Melton was not my responsibility and nor was I interested in making it. Yes that may sound selfish but I think the people of Melton and within that church are more than capable in fulfilling their goals in that area, but me.. No.

Bacchus Marsh is my area of interest. This is where my kids took their first breath. Where I became a Mum. Where I met my husband. Where I was baptized  Where we were married. And where I plan to raise my family for the next 10 years God willing. Bacchus Marsh, I feel is my responsibility.

There is a massive need in our community. We need to start reaching out to the youth of Bacchus Marsh before the drug dealers reach them. I was a teenager in this town while pregnant with my son and it was easier to get drugs than it was to get support for a job or assistance when I wanted to study. The only friends I made in the first few months of being here were daily drug users. The community doesn't really connect at all with it's youth and still doesn't to this day.

We need to start reaching out to the older generation and start saving lonely lives. I have come to know my neighbors over the years and with every passing year their getting older and weaker. I can't help but wonder if they have a realtionship with Jesus or if they even have a bible within reach of finding His truth. I live two doors from a nursing home that I have never been to because I am too afraid that I will connect with someone there and then never see them again. Bacchus Marsh is an old community. My neighbour to my right was born here, grew up in this street and has never left his home town. I'm sure if I asked him he would have a lot of stories to tell me about his 80 plus years on this beautiful piece of earth. But does he know? Has he heard?..

The Mothers need mothers.. The fathers need fathers.. The singles need to know they're not alone! Our kids need to be able to believe freely without judgement from the schools which say that they don't "need" Christ in their curriculems and the young people need a place to come together to feel understood and valued.

I am ready to make a change.. I'm ready to make an impact.. We all need each other. That is what God intended. That we all..

{Ephesians 5:19} Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord,...

{Ephesians 4:2} Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

And with God for us, who can be against us?..

0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia