Thursday 14 June 2012

Nigger Please..

Tonight I thought I was going to have a relaxing night it. Kids in bed at 6.30pm, husband at Bingo with his Mum and me free to curl up on the couch with a good book. Just as the clock struck 10pm the walls crumbled! Nevaeh out of bed, Jie screaming in pain and Matt walking into a house of ciaos. Winter is turning my life into a nightmare. I had a chat to Jie who was in severe pain with his very first experience of an earache. Nevaeh was out of Bed because the house was alive. Without any panadol or nerofan to ease the pain for Jie I asked Matt to call his Mum to see if she had some. Negative. An hour and a whole lot of tears later we were on our way to the local hospitals emergancy ward (two houses away).. Bacchus Marsh Hospital

So this is how it all went down..
We walk in.
Details are noted and we sit down.
The TV is way too loud.
David Letterman is on talking about prostitutes and how America wants to legalise Marijuana.
We are asked into a room for Jie to be weighed.
The nurse says "Jump up there" without showing Jie where to actually stand.
He gets confused and sits on the kids chair.
She looks down her nose at me.....

We're then asked to go into the kids room.
Jie say's "I remember this room"
We sit down.
Jie Coughs.
Nurse asks me if Jie has any allergies?
Jie and I say no at the same time.
Nurse says "Is Jiedyn on any medication?"
I say yes, ventolin.
Nurse says how much and how offten.
Two puffs, four times a day.
Jie sighs.
Nurse looks down her nose at me.....
Jie's tempreture is taken.
Jie's pulse is taken.
Nurse asks if we have been there before?
Yes.
What for she asks?
Just Asthma I said.
Nurse looks down her nose at me.....
Anything else she said?
No.
Nurse looks down her nose at me.....
Nothing else?
Okay, yes (since she was so convinced I was lying) one other time when Jie was 2 for his Penis.
Jie says "My private"
Nurse looks down her nose at me.....
She picks up her folder, says "A doctor will be with you shortly"

Doctor comes in.
Gets Jiedyn's name wrong.
Jie corrects him.
Gets it wrong again.
Jie corrects him again.
Doctor gives up and asks whats wrong.
Jie says he has an ear infection.
Doctor asks which ear.
Jie shows him.
Doctor checks his throat making Jie gag.
Jie looks at me, not enjoying this.
Doctor looks in his other ear.
Jie corrects him.
Doctor than pulls the top of Jies sore ear up to look in it before Jie bursts into tears telling him to let go because it's hurting him.
Doctor continues doing what he is doing.
Jie looks at me for help.
Doctor lets go, puts his tools down and says "It's just a viral infection"
Jie continues to cry.
Doctor says no antibiotics are needed, just Panadol.
Doctor walks out.
Jie runs to my lap.
Nurse comes back in.
Hands jie a medicine syringe of Panadol.
Jie asks what it is.
Nurse looks down her nose at me.....
"It's medicine Jie, put it in your mouth and push the end like we used to do with Nevaeh".
Jie looks at me confused.
Nurse snatches it and shows him.
Jie half chokes.
Nurse walks away.
WE WALK OUT!

Boy was I glad to get out of there.. Now, I am not one to normally complain, but when my son is in pain, I walk into a hospital for help and get treated the way I did tonight you best believe I'm going to have something to say!! Never again!! From now on it's Nurse on Call or nothing!!

8 replied:

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's a big rough. Normally the nurses there are great...dr's are crappy there, but they're OK for things you need in the middle of the night. Poor Jie. Did he actually say he had an ear infection? Because if he did, he can't say it's viral. See how he goes lovie, maybe take him to turner st if he needs more than a bit of panadol. I think I have some here I can drop in, if not I do have adult stuff you can cut and crush. Love ya.

Melissa Baker said...

Nah, Jie said to the doctor that he had an ear infection (self diagnosis). I should be good, I can get some tomorrow while I'm out shopping, might do what Christina said and bulk buy!! Smart lady!!

Melissa Baker said...

BTW, Thank you xx love you!!

DisneyBride2008 said...

Oh no! How rude of them! Is there anyone you can complain to? That is awful treatment!

Unknown said...

Poor little fella :( I hope he's woken up a bit better this morning xo

Melissa Baker said...

Really no point in complaining.. Just think its appalling and I wont be going back unless its serious..

Melissa Baker said...

Hey Nic,
Jie is fine today.. He wanted to go to school so he went. Earaches are the worst. I remember them as a child, not fun at all.

Mycharmingcolors said...

This whole story just made me cry! Poor Jie! Why on earth do the ER after hours doctors act that way? This happens to us every single time we take Judah to the on call ER after hours clinic, the Drs are rude and very harsh

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia