Saturday 4 August 2012

little guys can do big things too..

He's big but God's bigger 
And when I think of Him, that's when I figure 
With His help, little guys can do big things 
With His help, I know I can do big things 
With His help, little guys can do big things too 
{VEGGIE TALES - BIG THINGS TOO LYRICS} 

While Nevaeh took a nap today Jie and I went out to kick the footy around. Making things different from every other time Jiedyn wore his new super man suit..

After kicking the footy I grabbed a few snaps of him which you can see above before sitting ourselves down in the grass for a bit of a chat.

It was while we were sitting there that I asked him a few nosy questions. Things like what did he want to be when he grew up and etc.

In those small moments I got a rare glimpse into my growing sons heart.

He told me that he wanted to be a police officer or and army man when he grows up (something I'm not sure I like) and said that he can't wait to grow up to fly in a plane. The thing he most wants to do in his life is to look for treasure on an island somewhere and he explained that he didn't want to grow up too fast because he was afraid of dying.

I love his personality, his honesty and his sincerity. He has such a beautiful heart that I hope someone will never ever break on him.

After our chat he wanted to show me this and show me that. "Mum, did you see that?" and "Watch this Mum!" were two sentences he shouted out the most this afternoon.

As I watched I couldn't help but think of my own childhood. Thinking that if I had have been showing off wanting so much attention that I would be smacked around or sent to my room. I also thought of the children of the world who miss out on having a childhood that I and my son so freely takes for granted.. I am forever thankful for the life I have been so blessed with and that Jie is free to be anything and anyone he wants to be.

0 replied:

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia