Thursday 30 August 2012

Thankful Thursday - Fathers!

I never had a great, or even good relationship with my father until I myself became a mother. Between the ages of 13-16 I was placed into over 25 different foster homes most of which were single mother environments. It wasn't until I was living with a good hearted Christian family that I realised the importance of a Dad within the family and since then I had found Jesus and my heavenly Father. Earlier this year I got married, something I never thought would have been possible back then, but God blessed me with a wonderful husband and fabulous Dad for my kids. My Father walked me down the isle on our wedding day and making him proud that day was so special. As part of our wedding my partner also dedicated himself and promised my son (from a previous relationship) that he would always have a Dad to encourage him to be the best man God created him to be. I remember feeling so joyful underneath the pack of nerves. Now I have my heavenly father, my real father, a wonderful father-in-law and my kids have as awesome Dad too. And for that I am forever thankful!

My Dad and my son Jiedyn - 2006

Matthew and Nevaeh - 2010

6 replied:

nekky said...

Wow this is so touching. I'm happy that you have all these important people in your life and most of all, you have God. Visiting and following you from World Bloggers Community.

Susi_Snaps said...

Beautiful. Love the pics.

Unknown said...

Father's are a wonderful thing. My parents have been married for 48 years but Daddy was a long distance truck driver and rarely home. I missed out on alot of Father/Daughter time. I raised my three oldest boys without their father unfortunately. He did not really acknowledge them until they were older. Now I am remarried and we have three wonderful babies and hubby is a wonderful daddy. I am glad you have been reunited with your father! Stopping by from the blog hop. I hope you had a great birthday last month. I dropped you a message on fb.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful story of love.

Aloha,
Following ya now from Our Everyday Harvest's hop. If you're up for a bit of a ride I'd love for you to join me at localsugarhawaii.com where we're riding the wave of life one little adventure at a time.

xo,
Nicole
localsugarhawaii.com

Tangled Cobweb said...

Thanks for sharing Melissa, that is a lovely story.

Marie said...

Hi, Melissa, we have met at Mom Bloggers and Bloggers!!!Your family is beautiful!!!And your story is amazing and inspirational! I just followed you! Hope you can visit my site sometime too!

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia