Wednesday 17 April 2013

A time for change..

School holidays are over and now it's a time for change. The kids each sleeping in their own beds again. Routines are back in full swing and those fresh cold early mornings none of us missed are back too.

Change is good for us.
I like to embrace change.

But one thing remains..

My husband and the children's father is still not home. There is still an emptiness within the three of us longing for him to come home. It's been 7 months since he left us. We pray for him often and speak of him daily. Sometimes the communication between the two of us is easy but most of the time he makes it so difficult resulting in me speaking out of anger which worsens the situation. Why does he push my buttons? He knows exactly what to say to fire me up and it seems like that has been happening a lot lately.

Today while at the bus stop waiting for Jiedyn's bus to pull in, I spotted a cocoon of twigs. As I looked at it, I thought about all different things it could represent in my life.

 I thought about how this could impact me spiritually. Was this God's way of telling me to wait and to be patient because he has beautiful things in store for me?

Was it freedom of some sort? Independence or possibilities..

I just stood there staring for a few moments thinking..

The only conclusion I came to is that whatever is about to happen in my life, its going to be big. It's going to change me. I have a feeling that it's going to be tough, but at the end of it I'm going to shine just like the butterfly.

I'll be constantly praying.
If God's not with me, I don't want to do it alone..

 Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ whom strengthens me.

1 replied:

N/A said...

Good luck, Melissa. Sorry you are going through a tough time, but you have such a great attitude so I hope you get through it with style and grace.

Hang in there. Your kids are lucky to have such a great mom.

Post a Comment

© 2023 A LOT OF LITTLE BITS OF LOVE, AllRightsReserved

Blogging from Bacchus Marsh, Australia